Many readers have been asking me about Japanese fusion cuisine. I believe many mainstream Japanese cuisine is well known worldwide, while in Japan, Italian cuisine is very popular.
The main ingredients in Italian cuisine are usually cheese and wine, together with other simple ingredients. Cheese tends to give a umami taste, this is similar to miso used in Japan. Using this idea, I came up with this dish.
- 1 egg
- Spaghetti (1 portion)
- Karaage ( 5 pieces)
- Miso ( 1 tablespoon)
- Konbo (1 piece)
- Mayonnaise (2 tablespoon)
- Cooking Sake
This dish is very simple to cook, it usually takes less than 30 minutes. Other than the miso stock, spaghetti and egg, the rest are ready for microwave oven. Karaage can be bought at most supermarket. They are pre-cooked and we just need to heat them up. The best way to cook karaage is to deep fried or pan fried, but it will be healthier to bake them in an oven.
- Beat an whole egg with 2 teaspoon of Mirin.
- Heat the non stick pan with a little oil.
- Pour in the egg and lower to low heat.
- Roll the egg up.
- Add 1 tablespoon of miso into 1 cup of water.
- Add in konbu and bring to boil.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until cook.
- Heat up a pan with little oil.
- Add in the boiled spaghetti and fry with miso stock.
- Heat them up either by baking or frying.
The sauce that go well with this dish is usually mayonnaise, but I saw a near to expiry curry sauce form a fast food chain and decided to use it.
On a side note: We really need to apologise to our fans for slow posting and activities. At the moment, we aren't earning from advertisement nor sponsorship. We are funding this portal with out of our pocket. Even thought we hope to run this portal full time, bringing interesting news and articles to you, but the portal has no revenue to achieve this. We hope we could achieve this one day.